Tuesday, October 29, 2013

{Beauty Bloom} Tis The Season with Bobbi Brown's Holiday Sparkle


The holiday season is around the corner and I can't wait. Would you believe me if I told you I was playing Christmas music over the weekend?! Short of wearing knee-high Christmas socks and burning evergreen candles, I was all in it! I'm not sure what came over me, but I was in that kind of mood.  Mariah Carey carrying most of the evening with her solidly class Christmas album from '94. Love that record.

The mood had me thinking of the super chic holiday sparkle we're about to be inundated with. Beauty and makeup seem to have the biggest impact in appealing to our senses. A pretty lip, eye or cheek, even during the day, can go a long way. And brands go the mile to bring us some fabulous looks even the simplest chica will love to play with.

I've been obsessed with a shimmery eye palette Estée Lauder and Bobbi Brown had early this year... I don't remember which collection it came from, but if my boyfriend notices it every time I wear it and likes it, I'm thinking it's a good thing! How many men really notice the pretty sparkle? Every time.

Seriously. Keeper. For sure.

Bobbi Brown gold & chocolate eye palette.

I'm naturally putting on a keen eye to new makeup that has a similar affect, but when I saw Bobbi Brown's new holiday collection, I kinda new I had to give those other palettes a break. Her new one has the perfect blend of what I'm looking for: some flat colors with some shimmer. Mixed together, he's sure to notice a new look. The "Gift Giving Collection" ranges from golds, bronzes, nudes, and silvers that marry well.

Her day and night approach in some of the collection's prods just work. It makes it super easy to settle on a look for either time of day.  The lip and eye palettes have that appeal and are too cute for the for satisfying that all-in-one need when you're out all day.

"This holiday season is all about unexpected glamour." Bobbi Brown
Bobbi Brown Mini lip & eye palette for Day.
For holiday and really when I'm doing TV appearances, I love focusing on my eyes more than anything else. My brows need attention these days. Shiseido came out with a eyebrow shaping duo palette that suits thinner brows... like mine. I'm not a huge fan of coloring in brows, but with the recent hair loss and thinning I've fighting (I chatted about it here), I'm flocking to all options that give me an appearance of fuller brows. I used to apply old mascara but I found that powder based applications looked a bit more natural. Sometimes I'll touch up a powder application with a quick brush stroke.

Two layers never hurt anyone.


(Oh, and the packing is just delicately pretty, as always, especially with the limited editions.)


And because my makeup "wardrobe" doesn't stop growing and seemingly isn't going in the opposite direction, I've been looking out for some pretty baskets or containers to store it all. My day-to-day products have to be out and quickly accessible. This dotted handmade bowl by Haitian artists, and offered as part the Heart of Haiti collection at Macy's,  came in super handy last week after visiting some of my friends at L'Oreal and Cargo which happily sent me off with a  handful of hair and makeup goodness.


I think it's paper mache which makes it sturdy. I think it's super cute and the perfect size to hold 7 days worth of makeup!

What do use to store your makeup? I'm actually more curious to know how you all organize all the goodies! I can't figure it out! By color, brand, type?

Let's chat about this!


I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere has provided me the basket for this post about Macy's Heart of Haiti. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own, always authentic and honest :)

Follow the sexy fun on TWITTER FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE + :) 


0 comments:

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena